Re: [AMBER] about GPU memory requirements

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:21:01 -0600

Hi,

GPU experts may want to weigh in on this, but my opinion is that the
extra cycles you get from the overclock are not going to be worth the
potential problems it may introduce (higher temperature, decreased
stability, etc). For playing games it's fine since you won't notice a
calculation error on your screen out of the millions of calcs that are
going on, but for running simulations that error can be costly.

To sum up, in my opinion when running simulations I'll sacrifice some
speed for stability any day.

-Dan

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry