Re: [AMBER] Installation Problem of AmberTools14

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 10:42:28 -0400

On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 13:09 +0000, ujihara.ryuuta.47u.st.kyoto-u.ac.jp
wrote:
> Thank you Jason.
>
> I have gcc, g++ and gfortran (all are version 4.8.2 ) set up by Homebrew and created a path already.
> Should I switch to MacPorts or use the version 4.7 ?

And you don't have a "libgfortran.dylib" file somewhere in /usr/local?

In any case, I can't say anything here except "the compilers are not set
up right". I can only feasibly support one Mac package manager, and I
happened to choose MacPorts. If you can get homebrew to work, that's
great. If you can't and are not able to debug what went wrong on your
own, then you should switch to MacPorts and follow the instructions on
my Wiki. GCC 4.8 and 4.7 both work with Amber -- that is not the
problem.

Hope this helps,
Jason

P.S. If homebrew has a mailing list or support forum, you can see if
they can help you. The problem is that Fortran-C cross-compiling is
broken (since libgfortran cannot be found).

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher