Re: [AMBER] QM/MM tutorial

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 15:06:03 +0100

Hi,
You should certainly define the qm_mm mask with atom subsets. Check out the
ambermask syntax.
You will need to determine which part of the chromophore you require to be
QM. If it is the whole chromophore, you have no choice but to put
link-atoms in the peptide-backbone. This is not ideal, but can be ok. I
would say that the best place is between C and CA atoms (so you'll end up
treating a little bit of the backbone QM as well). Best not to put a link
atom between C and N, as this is a more polarized bond.
--Marc