Re: [AMBER] QM/MM tutorial

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 17:09:04 +0400

Thanks Marc!

Regarding bonds between atoms treated in qm and mm approximations: will it
be more correctly to define qm_mm mask using some atom subsets (not
entirely residue number)- e.g excluding atoms which are connected to the
rest of the protein backbone. E.g having GFP chromophore which is
covalently attached to the rest of the protein backbone both from its N and
C termi- it would be logically to define connectors as chromophore's N
(connected to the previous C atom of the adjacent amino acid) and C
(connected to the N atom of the next a.a) atoms. So It seems that all
chromophore atoms should be defining in the qm'mm mask besides its first C
and last N atoms, shouldn't it? How it could be defined in amber input file?
If I misunderstood It I's not well clear for me what connectors in the case
of GFP chromophore might be placed automatically if I just define
:name_of_Chromophore_residue as the qmmm mask.

James