Re: [AMBER] syntax error and nab2c failed when using NAB

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 08:59:21 -0400

On Thu, May 08, 2014, Dongshan Wei wrote:

> Thanks for your prompt reply. I changed the input file name from mel.nab to
> mmm.nab so I got the error info.
> It's strange it works in your computer. Which Amber version you use? I use
> Amber 12.

The nab compiler hasn't changed in years. Like Jason, I cannot reproduce the
error. I would suggest that you double or triple check that what is in
"mmm.nab" is indeed the same as what you posted as "mel.nab".

The nab compiler is not as good as more traditional compilers in helping users
find syntax errors. Look at the end of the mmm.c file...that will usually be
very close to where the nab compiler failed. Find the same commands in
the nab file, and look for problems.

...dac