Re: [AMBER] Membrane protein simulation

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 00:04:46 -0700

Hi James,

Cgenff won't work - that's the Charmm General Force Field and isn't
compatible with the lipid14 and ff99sb force fields. You need to use the
GAFF force field for your ligand.

I would suggest using:

LIPID14
FF12SB
GAFF

Start by making sure you can:

1) Build a pure lipid and get this working using the conversion script.
2) Make sure you can build your ligand correctly using antechamber and
GAFF.
3) Make sure you can build your protein correctly using FF12SB.
4) Make sure you can build your protein ligand complex correctly combining
FF12SB with GAFF.
5) Build your lipid+protein+ligand complex and convert this with the
conversion script.

6) Adjust any namings for the protein and ligand as needed and then build
the entire thing.

Good luck,

All the best
Ross