[AMBER] Modeling systems with non-standard residues

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 10:43:15 +0400

Dear Amber users!

I'm looking for some tutorial where I could find information about
inclusion of non-standard residues into the system using amber param sets.
For instance I need to simulate Rhodopsin which contain co-factor retinal
covalently attached to the amino acid sequence of the protein. Another
intresting protein for me is GFP with the covalently bonded chromophore
merged both from N and C termi to the rest of the protein. What are the
general workflow of the construction of such systems ? Should I parametrize
non standard groups using Amber's CGenFF (or alternatively REDS server)?
Could some one provide me with the script with the example of integration
of such non-standard residues?

TFH,

James