Re: [AMBER] Prepareing branched residue

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 21:05:34 +0200

Dear IK,

>> You could use R.E.D. Server Dev. at
>> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/
>
> Yes, it is an excellent solution for me.
> I will try it to build the parameters for res. with three terminal.
> Thank you again.
>
> Besides using R.E.D, I am still interested in how to use antechamber for this
> purpose.
> This does not mean I am a traditional Amber user, but
> I believe that taking "basic steps" (preparing several input files etc)
> is good for Amber beginners (including me)
> to understand a concept of AMBER FF and computational chemistry.
>
> I am wondering if you consider to give some advices for this point, too.

The problem is that I do not use & I do not know well Antechamber; I
even barely use it because we develop the q4md-forcefield tools, where
the central point is charge derivation involving multiple molecules
multiple conformations and multiple orientations: the main idea here
is to develop general & reproducible charge values for MD simulation.

My understanding of Antechamber (one can correct me if I am wrong) is
more how to quickly derive 'reasonable' charge values: I do not
support this idea.

Concerning the problem you reported and if you do not get any answer
from the Amber mailing list this might mean the reported feature
simply does not work: all programs have bugs... In my opinion only
'RED' proposes approaches that do handle complex sets of mep-based
charge constraints required to generate molecular fragments and/or
complex sets of fragments.

regards, Francois