Re: [AMBER] number of frames in MMPBGBSA

From: Soumendranath Bhakat <bhakatsoumendranath.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 17:22:44 +0200

I have some doubts about your input as you are running 10ns you can easily
calculate it by taking average frames from starting to last. At a
particular frame if you want to calculate on the frame by frame basis then
it should go well. For a better binding free energy approximation you
should calculate at certain(at each nanoseconds, say for example binding
free at 1ns, 2ns, 3ns, 4ns and ... then check the convergence) intervals
and make a plot to check convergence. Individual frame or average frame is
not a good way if you want to do a proper work.

Though here is a script which might help you in running both MD and MMGBSA

Equilibration Step of MMP3 (MMMM): stage-1
 &cntrl
  imin= 0,
  irest=0,
  ig=-1
  NTX=7,
  ntb=2,
  ntp=1,
  PRES0=1.0,
  TAUP=2.0,
  NTPR=500,
  NTWX=500,
  ntr=0,
  Tempi=300.0,
  Temp0=300.0,
  NTT=3,
  gamma_ln=1.0,
  NTC=2,
  NTF=2,
  cut=12.0,
  nstlim=5000000,
  dt=0.002
 /

Input file for running PB and GB in serial
&general
 startframe=1, endframe=10000, interval=10,keep_file=0, verbose=1,
entropy=1,
/
&gb
igb=5,saltcon=0.15,
/
&decomp
idecomp=1,
print_res="557;82;175;216;93;221;214;222;223;224;90;305;89;176;166;167;177;88;87;168",
dec_verbose=1,csv_format=0,
/

Thanks & Regards;
Soumendranath Bhakat