Re: [AMBER] Problem with the amber-14 compilation on Debian

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 10:55:47 -0400

On Tue, 2014-05-06 at 18:04 +0400, James Starlight wrote:
> Jason,
>

> many thanks for suggestions. Indeed I've used "sudo make install" because
> "make install" results in the
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++

Using "sudo" is _not_ the appropriate solution here. Even if it does
"fix" your problems, that is entirely accidental. In fact, I suspect it
fixed your problems by undoing bad changes to your environment.

Make sure you install all of the necessary packages for Amber to
function on Debian (see http://jswails.wikidot.com/debian-linux#toc5).
If you are still having problems, post the full error message (it's not
enough to know that libstdc++.so could not be found, we need to know
what linker was trying to find it for which program).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher