Re: [AMBER] modified residues

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 07:45:57 +0200

Lara,

> I would like to know if P-ser , S-Tyr , P-Tyr are already deposited in the
> database

phosphorylated amino acid residues are available in the amber force
field database. I wonder if they are not also in the amber
distribution as well; to be checked...
Sulfated-residues? I do not think so they are available.

> or one have to do the partial charge derivation using QM to build the amber
> force field parameters
> is general amber gaff is enough to do that .

"gaff is enough to do that" : what does that mean?

I would not use gaff for proteins and nucleic acids. A force field
designed for... proteins should be used instead; i.e. amber99SB or its
last adaptation available in the amber distribution.

regards, Francois