Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA TrajError

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 07:58:53 -0500

On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 21:46 -0700, Ahmed Ayoub wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Thanks for you answer.
> 1) The script runs in serial from the command line (MMPBSA.py) but the
> MMPBSA.py.MPI does not run in parallel.

And the results you get for 1 or 2 frames seem reasonable?

My best guess is that at _some_ point you are trying to use more CPUs
than you have frames to analyze. It would help to know what input file
you are trying to use.

What happens if you try fewer processors? Keep in mind if you are doing
normal mode calculations and reducing the number of frames analyzed via
normal modes (using the variables nmstartframe, nmendframe, etc.) then
you cannot use more processors than normal mode frames you're
analyzing...

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University