[AMBER] Does chain type matter?

From: David Winogradoff <dwino218.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:33:30 -0500

Dear amber community,

I am acetylating a lysine in my PDB using xLeap by adding an "ACE." When I
finish editing the file and execute "saveamberparm," xLeap creates the
.prmtop and .inpcrd files but provides the following message:

Building Topology
.
. #normal messages
.
Building H-Bond parameters
Not Marking per-residue atom chain types.
Marking per-residue atom chain types.
     (Residues lacking connect0/connect1 -
       these don't have chain types marked:

                   res total affected

                   ACE 1
                   CGLN 1
                   NSER 1
     )
(no restraints).

It looks to me like amber doesn't like something about the residues at the
2 termini (SER and GLN) and the acetyl group that I have added, ACE.

Will this have an effect on dynamics? Or is this a message I can safely
ignore?

Thank you,
David Winogradoff