Re: [AMBER] protein amide conjugate parameters

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 07:54:50 -0500

On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 09:41 +0000, Nahoum Anthony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone would have guidance as the correct/best way to
> parameterise the linking residue between two proteins that are covalently
> conjugated together through an amide bond between the side chain nitrogen of
> the lysine of one protein to the (glycine) C-terminus carboxyl of the other
> protein ?

I would create some model compounds in which the lysine is capped at all
3 linking positions and use a RESP protocol (R.E.D. is designed for this
-- see http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/) to derive charges, constraining
the capping groups to have a net 0 charge (to keep the net charge on the
lysine residue 'correct'.

It may be that this residue has already been built -- R.E.D. runs a
database that would be worth looking through to see if these lysine
charges have already been derived.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University