Re: [AMBER] protein amide conjugate parameters

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 07:31:22 +0100

Dear Nahoum,

> I was wondering if someone would have guidance as the correct/best way to
> parameterise (atom type and charges) the linking residue between two
> proteins that are covalently conjugated together through an amide bond
> between the side chain nitrogen of the lysine of one protein to the
> (glycine) C-terminus carboxyl of the other protein ?

            0
    R1------CN--------R2

split this linker/molecule into two elementary building blocks:

            0
    R1------C-NHMe one capping group added : NME

      0
   CH3CN--------R2 another capping group added: ACE

& set two intra-molecular charge constraints equals zero for the two
added capping groups with the R (i.e. remove from the FF lib) flag.

See: http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#15
   & http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jcc.540161106/abstract

I would like to invite you to use RED Server Dev./RED Python at
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/ instead of RED
Server/Ante_RED & RED IV

RED Python has many new features and in particular in your case it
performs (besides charge derivation & FF lib. building) atom typing
for molecular fragments and automatically defines the head/tails of
each fragment when using the mol3 file format:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol3.php

see http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/news.php
  vs http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/news.php

regards, Francois