Re: [AMBER] OSX Mavericks: Failure in parallel installation of Amber12

From: Robyn Ayscue <robyn.ayscue.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 13:53:43 -0500

I've successfully compiled Amber12/AmberTools13 on my MacBookPro and I've
found that you must activate the root account and compile as root. Logging
in to a shell as yourself and trying to compile by typing "sudo" in front
of every command doesn't seem to work well with Amber programs (even if you
have full admin privileges). I would always get arcane errors, like the one
about $AMBERHOME not being set (even when typing "echo $AMBERHOME" proved
that it really was set) when I tried to use "sudo" instead of just "su"-ing
to the root account.

A disclaimer: I am running an older operating system than you are (10.8.5)
and I didn't compile in parallel, so my advice may not even apply to your
situation, but if you haven't tried compiling as root yet then you might
want to.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Robyn Ayscue
Gannett Lab