Re: [AMBER] OSX Mavericks: Failure in parallel installation of Amber12

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:39:25 -0500

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014, Robyn Ayscue wrote:

> I've successfully compiled Amber12/AmberTools13 on my MacBookPro and I've
> found that you must activate the root account and compile as root.

Let me second Jason's comment: don't do this!

Find the first error that arises from an installation as an ordinary user, and
try to work from there. As Jason says, it certainly sounds like a permissions
problem. (It could be that compilers are needing root permissions, but we'd
need more info. If you can't figure it out, consider posting the very first
error you get with a clean install.)

Many, many Amber users run on Mac's without needing root privileges.

...dac