Re: [AMBER] iwrap=1 or netcdf

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:00:38 +0100

Hi Jason,

first of all thanks for your valuable comments !

So also considering this your explanation, the fact
that by default each 1000 steps the positions of all particles
in simulation box are "artificially" little shifted to maintain the
center-of-mass
in the one point doesn't negatively affect the eventual study of diffusion
of
chosen molecules or even doing here good job (in cases where due to the
given
thermostat type would be without corrections remarkable COM movements)
because if I am studying
diffusion movements of the given particle I take care about it's movement
in the coordinate system connected with the COM of my molecular system.

In another words if I would like to study movements of the fish in the
tub which is actually in the moving car and I am external observer
standing on the road I have to subtract car movements to obtain correct
natural movement of the fish relative to the tub with water.

Am I right ?

    Best wishes,

        Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/