Re: [AMBER] iwrap=1 or netcdf

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:17:35 +0100

Hi Jio,

actually I did no diffusion study yet :))

But if you do not set nscm parameter, by default
the COM movement corrections will be done each
1000 steps (see the Amber12 manual).

See my last comments regarding my view (understanding) of that
corrections in the framework of the diffusion studies.

Perhaps much more important is to know that different
water models (TIP3P, TIP4P, SPC ...) have also remarkable differences
comparing to real (experimentally measured) diffusion which is connected
with just limited ability of those models to imitate some real water
parameters here e.g. water viscosity.

So especially if you are going to compare your simulation results
with experiments you should to take this in account.

There will be perhaps some articles available describing (quantifying) this
differences for the given water model.

You can perhaps eventually do your own "calibration" experiments by
comparing
experimentally measured water self-diffusion with that obtained from the
simulation using the given water model under the same thermodynamic
conditions
as in experiment.

   Best wishes,

       Marek