Re: [AMBER] OSX Mavericks: Failure in parallel installation of Amber12

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 17:57:01 -0500

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014, George Tzotzos wrote:

> Thank you very much for the suggestions. I’m not sure I understood
> correctly. You mentioned to run ./configure_mpich or ./configure_mpich2.
> The output of this is: no such file or directory.

Did you cd to $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src first? Are the files there?

> One the I noticed is that the /opt/local/bin directory includes mlicc,
> mpif90, mpiexec but not mpirun. Shouldn’t mpirun be also in this
> directory?

I don't know how macports configures its mpich port. It looks like it is
using mpiexec rather than mpirun. (See the mpich web pages for a discussion
of this.) This is another reason I generally recommend that people compile
their own versions of MPI, unless you need a hardware-specific version.

...dac