Re: [AMBER] OSX Mavericks: Failure in parallel installation of Amber12

From: Julio Dominguez <acheron24.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 02:46:05 +0000

Dear colleagues,
Here are my two cents.
The setup, a clean Mavericks install. Intel fortran and C compilers, amber and MPICH source code.
After installing the Intel compilers, decompressing ambertools and amber, serial compilation works fine with the command:
./configure -macAccelerate intel && make install
then, I downloaded MPICH, wget http://www.mpich.org/static/downloads/3.0.4/mpich-3.0.4.tar.gz. I umpacked, compile and install it. Then, back to amber:
./configure -macAccelerate -mpi intel && make install
Bottom line, if you can get the intel compilers use them.Alternatively, maybe compiling mpich outside macports might be the ticket. If I have a few free housr this week, I might try that.
Best regards.