Re: [AMBER] OSX Mavericks: Failure in parallel installation of Amber12

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 14:03:03 -0500

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014, George Tzotzos wrote:

> Parallel < make install > produced fatal errors (see below). Any help in
> troubleshooting this will be much appreciated
> In file included from lmodC.c:17:
> /opt/local/include/mpi.h:166:53: error: expected identifier
> static const MPI_Datatype mpich_mpi_double_int MPICH_ATTR_TYPE_TAG_…

On thing to try: cd to $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src and run configure_mpich
(might still be called "configure_mpich2", since that was the old name for the
current mpich). Make sure that $AMBERHOME/bin is in your PATH ahead of
/opt/local/bin.

(Caveat: I'm just starting today with Mavericks, but if the above doesn't
work, I'll try to figure out why.)

...dac