Re: [AMBER] How do I know if QM is working in sander.MPI?

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:00:32 -0500

I always did find that to be the most frustrating of mistakes...

Would it be possible to add a warning if a qmmm namelist is present but
ignored (*i.e.* ifqnt = 0)?

Regards,
Brian

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:

> You need to add ifqnt=1 in the cntrl namelist to enable QM/MM - otherwise
> the code will just ignore the qmmm namelist in your input.
>

> All the best
> Ross
>
> On 11/20/13 7:23 PM, "yunshi11 ." <yunshi09.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >I tried to do minimization with a residue treated by QM, and my input
> >parameters:
> >
> >QM initial min
> > &cntrl
> > imin=1, maxcyc=400, ncyc=200,
> > cut=10, ntb=1, igb=0,
> > ntc=2, ntf=2
> > /
> > &qmmm
> > qmmask=':388',
> > qmcharge=-1.0592,
> > qmtheory=DFTB,
> > qmshake=1,
> > qm_ewald=1, qm_pme=1
> > /
> >
> >But I cannot tell any difference from the .out file, so I wonder how do I
> >know if sander.MPI does not ignore the entire &qmmm namelist?
> >
> >Best,
> >Yun

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu