Re: [AMBER] Nudged Elastic Band with Explicit Solvent for a Larger Protein

From: James W. Snyder, Jr. <jsnyder3.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:34:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Sorry, I attached an old file that was obviously wrong for the reasons you just mentioned. I fixed it, and this is my new file.

NRB Equal
&cntrl
    imin = 0, irest = 0,
    ntc=1, ntf=1,
    ntpr=500, ntwx=500,
    ntb = 0, cut = 14.0,
    nstlim = 40000, nscm=0,
    dt = 0.0005, ig=-1,
    ntt = 3, gamma_ln=1000.0,
    tempi=0.0, temp0=300.0,
    tgtfitmask=":65,201,203,220",
    tgtrmsmask=":65,201,203,220",
    ineb = 1,skmin = 10,skmax = 10,
    nmropt=1,
    jfastw = 4,
    fcap = 0.1,
/
&wt type='TEMP0', istep1=0,istep2=35000,
    value1=0.0, value2=300.0
/
&wt type='END'
/

I'm using ntb=0 because I need to eventually use Amber/TeraChem to do QM/MM on the system, and I can't use periodic boundary conditions. I
probably do not need to use jfastw=4 though, but I was using this because there are some crystallization waters that interact with the protein,
and I didn't want to use TIP3P water. But, these interactions are not very important for NEB. Do you think I should run this simulation
with cut = 9999.9 and fast water, or is it a bad idea to run NEB with explicit water? Minimization with cut < 9999.9 seems to be problematic
for getting well minimized structures.

Thanks,

Jim