Re: [AMBER] gpu_download_partial_forces: download failed unspecified launch failure

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 08:14:33 -0800

Hi Ashutosh,

We'll need some more info in order to reproduce the problem you are seeing
- firstly can you confirm that this works fine with a single GPU - with
AMBER 12 you really don't gain much by using multiple GPUs - You are much
better off running multiple calculations, one on each GPU, to get better
statistics. As such we haven't focused on extensive debugging of the MPI
GPU code, especially since it will change radically with the next release
which we are working on right now.

So it is possible there is a bug in the code, in the mpi implementation or
something just weird with the system you are trying to simulate. If you
can let us know which compiler you are using, which MPI, which cuda and
driver version, which GPU types and provide a copy of your input files we
can try to investigate further.

All the best
Ross