[AMBER] Mac OS X Mavericks

From: Julio Dominguez <acheron24.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 04:29:18 +0000

Dear Amberists,
A mac in our lab was "updated" to Mavericks and amber12 was not compiling anymore. The error message was:
cannot find <stdio.h>
Now, we use fink (http://fink.thetis.ig42.org) and intel compilers, not MacPorts. After a bit of googling, it turned out that the above error is common when installing Xcode without the command line tools. However, it seems that Apple removed the GUI installation access to the command line tools. After more googling a fix emerged, in the terminal, typing the command:
xcode-select --install
will launch a GUI dialog that will allow the user to install the command line tools. After that, amber will compile without errors.
Well, I hope this helps anybody using Mavericks and amber12 and running into the same problem.
Best regards