Re: [AMBER] estimate memory requirements for MMPBSA.py.MPI

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 09:17:44 +0100

Thanks a lot Jason for this detailed explanation ...

It seems quite complicated ... The numbers you mention at the end would
be per core or per job ?

I am asking because I am trying to run a job on a cluster on 128 cores
and my job exited after trying to use 623 GB of memory (available only 4
GB/core = 512 GB) ... Well, its true it is a job with non-linear Poisson
Boltzmann and 0.25 grid spacing on a system that is not large but its
not compact either so the grid would be quite big ... But 623 GB
sounds quite outrageous ... So, I am not sure what actually happens ...

Best wishes
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine