Re: [AMBER] update error

From: Raman Parkesh <rparkesh.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:55:42 +0530

Dear All,
I am compiling Amber12 and Ambertools 13 in the CentOS 6.4 system with
graphics card GTX770, which is supported for GPU MD calculations.

I compilied the cuda and was able to run ./deviceQuery, which works fine.
CUDA_HOME path is set.

However, I had problems in compiling amber cuda and after a while I
realized that amber 12 was not updated (only 1-8 bugfixes were updated)

Here is the problem I get when I do amber update. It gives error at bugfix
9 which is below:

*Applying Amber 12/bugfix.9.bz2BadPatchError: Could not decompressing
.patches/Amber_Unapplied_Patches/bugfix.9.bz2 with bunzip2.*

I think there is some file name error??

I got a suggestion from Jason Wiki and I downloaded bugfix 9 to 21 in the
folder and placed in the directory /home/samvit/amber12/updates in my local
machine and then as suggested did this

./update_amber --amber-updates=/home/samvit/amber12/updates

But then nothing happens. I think I am missing something here.

I would appreciate if anyone can comment or suggest something.

Regards,

Raman