Re: [AMBER] about rms atomic fluctuation for protein crystal .thank you very much!

From: Pawel <pawelrc.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:11:27 -0500

Hi Aimee,

1. If I see correctly, in your script you getting the scale factor by
dividing the frame's supercell dimensions by the experimental unit cell
dimensions. This is not good. As a check, print out the scale factors
you get. If your simulation volume is not deviating by more than 0.3%
from simulation, as should be the case, then your scale factors should
all be close to 1. Also visualize the structures after scaling: they
should look "normal".

2. I don't have the script used for fitting the monomers in the 2010
paper (I didn't work on that). Offline I'll send you the email of the
first author of that paper.

3. Regarding the method for calculating B-factors, well it depends on
what you want to get. The "reverse symmetry" B-factors in Janowski et
al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 7938-7948 were calculated by method 1.
I assume that that's also how the "lattice b-factors" were done in the
2010 paper.

Pawel