Re: [AMBER] update_amber script confuses Amber versions

From: Robyn Ayscue <robyn.ayscue.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 17:12:09 -0400

Ah, I see now where I went (horribly, horribly) wrong. I did put
AmberTools13 into the Amber11 directory (in a misguided attempt to keep all
"Amber Stuff" neatly in one place), not realizing the necessity of keeping
the two apart. Thank you, Jason and David, for your amazingly fast replies
and your sage advice.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Robyn

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013, Jason Swails wrote:

> > I've been trying to apply bugfixes to Amber11 (running on a 64-bit Linux
> > machine / Fedora 17), and the update_amber script insists that we have
> > Amber12. I'm positive that we don't have Amber12, yet the version number
> > reported back to me when I type "update_amber --version" at a bash
prompt
> > is "Amber 12.01". Unless someone broke into our lab and surreptitiously
> > installed Amber12 on our machines here (and for free, no less!), I'm
pretty
> > sure the update_amber script is mistaken. Has anyone else run into this
> > phenomenon?
> >

> The only way you could have an update_amber script in your Amber 11
> directory is either by ....

Let me add just one other possibility: you don't have an update_amber script
in your amber11 directory, but you *do* have an update_amber script in your
path (somehow). So, be sure that your $AMBERHOME environment variable
points
to a directory tree headed by "amber11"; look in the $AMBERHOME directory to
see if there is really an update_amber script there. As Jason already
pointed
out, it would require some unusual combination of events for that to happen,
since the update_amber script is a fairly recent addition.

....dac