[AMBER] frcmod.ionsjc_*** file and water model

From: Seongeun Yang <seongeuny.cau.ac.kr>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 20:52:08 +0900

Hello all,
I read through the entire mailing list to find answers to my question,
but I need some more confirmation from experts.

There are only 3 frcmod.ionsjc_*** files in amber12/data/leap/parm.
Only for TIP3P, SPC/E, and TIP4P/Ew water.
I am wondering that water models other than these could not be used for a
charged solute,
for which some counterions should be added to set the system neutral.

Are the combinations such as "ff12SB + SPC/Fw" or "ff02 + POL3" or "ff02EP +
POL3" acceptable
without proper modified parameters for ions?
If so, which frcmod or parameter files should be loaded for ions?

Seongeun