Re: [AMBER] Large difference in GB and PB values of binding free energy

From: Kshatresh Dutta Dubey <kshatresh.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:13:31 +0530

Hi Anu,
It is quite clear that difference in total energy is coming due to
solvation energies calculated by two different methods (PB and GB) due to
their different calculation scheme. You should go through several reviews
article which discuss the PB and GB formulations. Therefore the difference
in total energy calculated by PB and GB methods is often expected. Both
results are correct, however absolute free energy doesn't matter in your
case since you have no experimental data , what matters is- the relative
energy. I would suggest to concentrate on relative binding energies. In
addition, I think absolute free energy in your case (if still you are
interested in it) will be positive because here you haven't calculated
entropy, therefore anyways it is not meaningful [whenever you calculate
entropy ( according to my experience it will be <-30 kcal) total energy in
your case will be positive for both cases].

regards
Kshatresh

With best regards