Re: [AMBER] Number of contacts

From: anu chandra <anu80125.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:50:34 +0530

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. As I understood from the manual, the command
'contacts' will check for the number of contacts between the atoms
specified in the mask. For e.g, if the mask is ':.A' , then command
'contacts' will look for number of interactions between all the 'A' atoms
within the specified cut-off distance. But, my system contains 290 amino
acid residues and ligand is the 291-th one. Here I am a bit confused about
creating a mask in such a way that I will get the number of contacts (
heavy atom - heavy atom contacts) ligand (291) make with the protein
(1-290). Can you please help me out?

Many thanks

Regards
Anu