Re: [AMBER] Suggestions for using "distance" in cpptraj

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 15:29:24 -0600

Hi,

You can test mask selections in cpptraj with the "parminfo" or
"select" commands. This is easiest to do in interactive mode. For
example:

> parminfo :7
#Atom Name #Res Name #Mol Type Charge Mass
  105 N 7 GLY 1 N -0.4157 14.0100
  106 H 7 GLY 1 H 0.2719 1.0080
  107 CA 7 GLY 1 CT -0.0252 12.0100
  108 HA2 7 GLY 1 H1 0.0698 1.0080
  109 HA3 7 GLY 1 H1 0.0698 1.0080
  110 C 7 GLY 1 C 0.5973 12.0100
  111 O 7 GLY 1 O -0.5679 16.0000

> parminfo .CA
#Atom Name #Res Name #Mol Type Charge Mass
    5 CA 1 SER 1 CT 0.0567 12.0100
   16 CA 2 TRP 1 CT -0.0275 12.0100
   40 CA 3 THR 1 CT -0.0389 12.0100
   54 CA 4 TRP 1 CT -0.0275 12.0100
   78 CA 5 GLU 1 CT 0.0397 12.0100
   93 CA 6 ASN 1 CT 0.0143 12.0100
  107 CA 7 GLY 1 CT -0.0252 12.0100
  114 CA 8 LYS 1 CT -0.2400 12.0100
  136 CA 9 TRP 1 CT -0.0275 12.0100
  160 CA 10 THR 1 CT -0.0389 12.0100
  174 CA 11 TRP 1 CT -0.0275 12.0100
  198 CA 12 LYS 1 CT -0.2400 12.0100

> select .CA
Selected 12 atoms.
Selected= 5 16 40 54 78 93 107 114 136 160 174 198

You can also test mask selections in parmed.py and with ambmask.

Hope this helps,

-Dan

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Hunter Brown <bassoongoon.earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hello, I am wanting to use cpptraj for some distance analysis (using the distance command). I want to see how far my ligand is from a specific residue. What is a good way for me to pick one residue, and to be certain that it is the residue I want? I know that amber numbers residues in numerical order.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> -Hunter
>
> Hunter Brown
> Bassoonist, Contrabassoonist, Composer, Chemical Engineering Major
> University of New Mexico

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
University of Utah