Re: [AMBER] Chi torsions

From: Ilyas Yildirim <i-yildirim.northwestern.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 16:11:50 -0500 (CDT)

Chi torsional parameters of FF99 has been shown to be problematic. We
revised the chi torsional parameters for RNA molecules and published 3
consecutive papers on it, which show dramatic improvement on predictions.

"Re-parameterization of RNA CHI Torsion Parameters for the AMBER Force
Field and Comparison to NMR Spectra for Cytidine and Uridine," I.
Yildirim, H.A. Stern, S.D. Kennedy, J.D. Tubbs, and D.H. Turner, J. Chem.
Theory and Comput. 6, 1520-1531 (2010).

"Benchmarking AMBER Force Fields for RNA: Comparisons to NMR Spectra for
Single-Stranded r(GACC) are Improved by Revised Chi Torsions," I.
Yildirim, H.A. Stern, J.D. Tubbs, S.D. Kennedy, and D.H. Turner. J. Phys.
Chem. B, Vol. 115, Number 29, pp 9261-9270.

"Revision of AMBER Torsional Parameters for RNA Improves Free Energy
Predictions of Tetramer Duplexes with GC and iGiC Base Pairs," I.
Yildirim, S. D. Kennedy, H. A. Stern, J. M. Hart, R. Kierzek, and D. H.
Turner, J. Chem. Theory and Computation, 8, 172-181 (2012).

I believe that around '99 when they changed the chi torsional parameters,
they wanted to predict the correct sugar puckering, which let to those old
chi parameters.

Best regards,

   Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
   = Department of Chemistry - 2145 Sheridan Road =
   = Northwestern University - Evanston, IL 60208 =
   = Ryan Hall #4035 (Nano Building) - Ph.: (847)467-4986 =
   = http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ilyas-yildirim/1a/837/652 =
   = http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=O6RQCcwAAAAJ =