[AMBER] Why are sigma values of OPLS so big?

From: egeh00 <egeh00.aol.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:10:36 -0600

Dear all,

I am trying to use a mix FF with OPLSAA and Glycam. I can do the dihedral and angle parameterizations. But when I looked for the nonbond information in parm folder, I was confused.

It seems that the sigma value in OPLS is much bigger than that in other FF. For example, the atomtype o in the glycam, gaff and opls are listed as below.
Glycam_06h.dat "O 1.6612 0.2100 OPLS"
gaff.dat "o 1.6612 0.2100 OPLS"
OPLS_parm.dat "O 1.6 0.20"
opls.info " O 2.96 0.21 "

The sigma in opls.info is the same with the value in Gromacs opls files, but different with that in the gaff and glycam_06. And from the reference, the value in gaff and glycam_06 of atomtype O are both got from OPLS. How to understand the difference among the sigma?

Sincerely,

Xiaoquan Sun.

2013-08-08

egeh00