Re: [AMBER] antechamber issues

From: Junmei Wang <junmwang.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:59:01 -0500

We prepared the atom type table file
($AMBERHOME/dat/antechamber/ATOMTYPE_SYBYL.DEF) based on the sybyl
document. As we know, no aromatic atom types (C.ar and N.ar) are assigned
to five-memberred rings. You can verify this by retrieving sample molecules
from the sybyl's fragment library, or you may simply scratch your molecules
and check what kinds of atom types are assigned automatically.

Babel may assign atom types based on their rules. In antechamber, however,
we try to reproduce the atom types generated by the sybyl software
packages. You could define your atom types according the rules described in
the atom type table files and the Antechamber paper.

Indeed, there is a problem with bond types assignment for your molecule:
some bonds of your molecule are assigned as aromatic bonds. The problem has
been fixed and the new mol2.c file has been checked into amber branch.
Please also find the mol2.c attached in this email.

Best

Junmei