Re: [AMBER] Ptraj B Factor PDB

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:08:38 -0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

> > Thank you for the response, I believe I understand the steps required
> > however I do not know how to perform the the RMS fit to the average pdb.
> >
> > Here are my two tenative *.ptraj files
> >
> > step1.ptraj:
> > trajin density_extend.nc # load density trajectory
> > rms first :1-465.CA # rms first to the first frame
> > for
> > CA
> > average step_1_average.pdb pdb # output the average pdbfile
> >
> > step2.ptraj
> > ???? somehow load the average pdb?
> >

> Look for the "reference" command. This will load a reference structure.

An alternative trick is to simply load up the PDB first:

trajin avg.pdb
trajin density_extend.nc
rms first mass out rms :1-465.CA
                       ^
                       need residue designator

so step1

trajin density_extend.nc
trajout avg.pdb pdb
rms first mass out rms :1-465.CA

step2

trajin avg.pdb
trajin density_extend.nc
rms first mass out rms :1-465.CA
atomicfluct out bfactor.dat :1-465 bfactor

(and you can look by atom or by residue with the fluctuations)

--tec3

p.s. if you look on Google for "bfactor ptraj" a number of hits come up
from the reflector that already describe how to do this.