Re: [AMBER] unsupported GNU version! gcc 4.7 and up are not supported

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:45:57 -0400

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Kanin Wichapong
<kanin.wichapong.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Amber Users,
>

> However, during installation I got an error as below;
>
> /usr/local/cuda-5.0/include/host_config.h:82:2: error: #error --
> unsupported GNU version! gcc 4.7 and up are not supported!

As far as error messages go, this one is fairly clear. You are using GCC
version 4.7, but you need GCC version 4.6 or earlier in order to be
compatible with the CUDA compiler version 5.0. You can try installing the
5.5 version of the CUDA toolkit (which is currently a release candidate,
not a stable release), and see if that works.

Otherwise, you will need to install a set of compatible compilers (like the
Intel compilers or an older GCC version).

Good luck,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate