Re: [AMBER] GTX780s

From: <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 14:50:55 -0600 (MDT)

> Hi Ross,
> would be interesting if you can do the same test
> with Titan GPU using the same super-cooled machines
> as you are using for testing of GTX 780 but perhaps, you
> or Scott already tested Titans in such machines or it was some
> normal consumer cases ?

I think Ross and Scott have been extremely clear on this in the incredible
volume of e-mail that has come through this list on this topic. There
clearly is a cuFFT problem and also Titan's hardware is also suspect. I
would guess the skepticism of Scott and Ross will be apparent regardless
of whether or not you immerse the cards in liquid N2...

99.5% likely a Titan hardware issue:

  http://archive.ambermd.org/201306/0007.html

Continuing to push the AMBER developers will not make things move faster,
and perhaps could make them move even slower. Patience please as we wait
on nVidia to see if a cuFFT fix can emerge and better probe these issues.

When Ross and Scott know, I am sure they will inform the list...

--tec3