Re: [AMBER] First to Second Frame Position Jump

From: Parker de Waal <Parker.deWaal09.kzoo.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:43:21 -0400

Hi everyone,

I re-ran the equilibrium simulation using nstlim=2000,dt=0.002, ntpr=10,
ntwx=10 to capture more frames between this weird shift. Apparently my
temperature is skyrocketing upwards, among other settings, to 700 K before
leveling out all in the time of 2 ps. Graphs of density and temp can be
found here -> research.parkerdewaal.com/furge/temp_density.xlsx

I don't quite know how to explain as the simulation order goes NPT -> NPT
extended with less positional constraints...

Here is all supporting data:
# Provide density NPT
ibrun pmemd.cuda.MPI -O -i density.in -o density.out -p protein.prmtop -c
heat.rst -r density.rst -x density.nc -ref min_all.rst

# Equilibirum for 2 ps writing every 10 frames NPT
ibrun pmemd.cuda.MPI -O -i equil.in -o equil.out -p protein.prmtop -c
density.rst -r equil.rst -x equil.nc -ref min_all.rst

density.in:
density equilibration
 &cntrl
  imin=0,irest=1,ntx=5,
  nstlim=50000,dt=0.002,
  ntc=2,ntf=2,
  cut=9.0, ntb=2, ntp=1, taup=1.0,
  ntpr=500, ntwx=500,
  ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,
  temp0=300.0,
  ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-466',
  restraint_wt=2.0,
  ioutfm=1,
 /

equil.in
equil
 &cntrl
  imin=0,irest=1,ntx=5,
  nstlim=2000,dt=0.002,
  ntc=2,ntf=2,
  cut=9.0, ntb=2, ntp=1, taup=2.0,
  ntpr=10, ntwx=10,
  ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,
  temp0=300.0,
  ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-466',
  restraint_wt=0.5,
  ioutfm = 1,
 /

The only changes are the taup and restraint_wt to my knowledge,

Thanks again everyone!

Best,
Parker