Re: [AMBER] hbond analysis - bridgeout

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:00:05 -0600

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Fabrício Bracht <fabracht1.gmail.com> wrote:
> that are bridged. For the number of water molecules involved in this link
> and the identity of them, I have to look at the raw "out" file. Isn't there
> a way to obtain such info in a more organized fashion?

#Frame hb[UU] hb[UV] hb[Bridge]
    hb[ID]
       1 5 27 3
208(10+11+),494(2+3+),1409(3+5+),

I feel like this format is pretty organized, considering that every
frame you can have a different number of solvent molecules bridging 2
or more solute residues. This line tells me I have 3 bridging solvent
molecules: solvent residue 208 bridging solute residues 10 and 11,
solvent residue 494 bridging residues 2 and 3, etc. The information is
contained in a single string that is readily parsable by your favorite
text manipulation language so you can organize it into any format you
prefer (I would probably just use awk).

-Dan

--
Daniel R. Roe, PhD