Re: [AMBER] Residue chirality

From: <tdo.chem.ucsb.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 08:25:54 -0700

Hello,

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I think Dr. Simmerling's idea of
using SwissPDB to add missing atoms into a PDB containing only the
backbone is easy to do. My peptide is large so it's tedious to invert the
chiral centers manually using "transform".

Previously when I did mutations, I deleted everything except C, O, N, CA;
and that might cause the problem. I should have kept also HA and CB from
the old residue template (assuming the old template has correct
chirality). I haven't tried but I think it should work. However, if there
is an atom clash, can minimization lead to inverted chiral center?

Thank you,