Re: [AMBER] compilation error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lStatistics

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 22:14:34 -0400

On Sat, Jul 06, 2013, Su, Shiquan wrote:

> However, when I look at the following libtool link line carefully, I see
> something strange, the paths after -L all end with /amber12, which don't
> exist in the system at all! For example:
> -L/sw/kfs/amber/12/centos6.2_gnu4.4.6_sandybridge/amber12/AmberTools/src/mtkpp/src/Molecule/amber12

I agree that this is likely to be the error, but it's unclear how it happened.
Is there any chance of operator error, i.e. can you try this:

cd $AMBERHOME (and double check that AMBERHOME is set correctly)
make uninstall
./configure gnu
make install

Just to see if you get the same error?

Of course, as Jason already pointed out, -nomtkpp should also help, unless you
know you are going to need the mtkpp capabilities. You might also see
what "libtool -V" reports, although I doubt that will help us very much...

...dac