Re: [AMBER] DihedralSearch.cpp:53: error: unknown escape sequence '\*'

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 15:56:27 +0200

Hi Jason,

just for the curiosity.

Which is the easest way to upgrade gcc on RedHat like distributions
(in my case CentOS).

When I try to use yum for those purposes e.g. using commands

yum upgrade

OR

yum install gcc.x86_64

etc.

I get just gcc-4.4.7.

So maybe I have to download some proper gcc/yum repository which can yum
use to
download and install the latest stable gcc ?

Of course there is still the way to install gcc "manually" and then reset
properly symbolic links g++,cc,gcc,c++ in /usr/bin directory so that
they point to the new version of gcc binaries. But I guess there should be
also some automatic/more comfortable way to do this. I am just confused
that default yum behavior do not allow this.

   Thanks in advance,

      Best,

         Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/