Re: [AMBER] error in running MMPBSA.MPI , mmpbsa_py_energy could not be found

From: onetwo <twoone21.rediffmail.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2013 11:54:33 -0000

Dear Jason,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

We have amber11 with us and used ambertools1.5 installed with it.

I am new to amber and especially its installation took me a long time.

Finally it is working.

But MMPBSA is not working. Like first, mmpbsa_py_energy error was coming and now when I was trying to give the following command:

/usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA.py.MPI and further inputs for the file,

it gives error:

bash: /usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA.py.MPI: Permission denied.

So, I made the file executable ( may be i m wrong in doing so). But now when i run the same command it is giving error:

/usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA.py.MPI: line 17: VERSION: command not found

/usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA.py.MPI: line 44: try:: command not found

/usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA.py.MPI: line 45: except:: command not found

/usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA.py.MPI: line 46: print: command not found

/usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA.py.MPI: line 47: syntax error near unexpected token `1'

/usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA.py.MPI: line 47: ` quit(1)'

So, I was just wondering that these errors are coming due to AmberTools version. Upgrading it to AmberTools12 will not give the problems.

Also, I hope there will be no problem during installation/upgradation and later running the normal simulation jobs.

I am really sorry for mailing again, Actually I subscribed to the mailing list for the first time and so, I thought my first mail has not been posted. So, I mailed again. I will take care of it next time.

Thanks a lot for your help and your precious time.

Regards

Shivu

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 15:51:55 +0530 wrote

>On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 2:17 AM, onetwo wrote:

> Dear All,

> I am trying to use MMPBSA script as given in tutorial.

> While running the command /usr/local/amber11/bin/MMPBSA.MPI

> it gives the following error:

> Running MMPBSA.MPI on 1 processors...

> Reading command-line arguments and input files...

> ptraj found! Using /usr/local/amber11/bin/ptraj

> Error: mmpbsa_py_energy could not be found!

> Please help to how to sort this problem.

Make sure AMBERHOME is set properly. If so, and there is no

mmpbsa_py_energy in $AMBERHOME/bin, then you need to recompile Amber.

I also strongly suggest that you install AmberTools 13 and use that

version, as there have been numerous updates and improvements since

AmberTools 1.4/1.5.

Also, please allow at least a couple of days for someone to answer your

email before reposting your question, especially when you ask over the

weekend. Sending multiple emails does not always result in a faster

response (for example, I would have responded this morning regardless),

although people may find it irritating.

Good luck,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida