Re: [AMBER] error in running MMPBSA.MPI , mmpbsa_py_energy could not be found

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 09:11:12 -0400

You shouldn't be trying to execute the scripts in the source directory. Do
MMPBSA.py and MMPBSA.py.MPI exist in your $AMBERHOME/bin/ directory? If
those files do not exist in your $AMBERHOME/bin/ directory, it sounds like
they weren't ever installed properly. Also, have you tried the calculation
in serial to make sure it will work? You should always try it in serial
before attempting the calculations in parallel.

The errors you are seeing are not caused by the AmberTools version you are
using, per se, but there are upgrades and fixes to MMPBSA.py in general
that would be available only with upgrading to AmberTools 12. Also, you
would not need to re-run your MD simulations after upgrading to AmberTools
12, just the MMPBSA.py calculations.

I hope that helps.

-Bill

Bill Miller III