Re: [AMBER] GAFF atom type for CO

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:49:44 +0200

Dear Krisztina,

Do you want to perform atom typing for a molecular fragment?
For sure Antechamber will generate errors for the atoms with an open
valency...
R.E.D. Python performs atom typing for whole molecules as well as
their molecular fragments. I will send you a link for demonstration;
(frcmod & leaprc files are also generated).

So now, I think your best bet is to build a _dipeptide_ i.e. cap this
fragment with the ACE & NME chemical groups. Then, derive the charges
and build the force field library(ies) for the central fragment (and
may be the N-term & C-term fragments):
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#15
  & may be
    http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#16
    http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#17

You could do that in global approach with R.E.D. Server:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#24
  and even all automatically from your dipeptide:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#27

Here a limitation in R.E.D. Server is that a computation is
re-executed if a new input is generated; thus, in the global approach
a given input is generated several times; with R.E.D. Python this will
be far more efficient as the inputs are compared before execution, and
not re-ran if found identical.

Once you got the force field libraries generated by R.E.D. and/or
R.E.D. Server (mol2 file format:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol2.php) (or mol3 with
R.E.D. Python http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol3.php
with the connecting atoms defined) you can manually define the atom
types (using a script; See for instance the 'F-93' R.E.DD.B. project
and its LEaP script:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-93/).

Last point: do you plan to incorporate this fragment in a protein
(from what I understand from the PDB file you sent)? this means you
need to use a FF for proteins (FF99SB? FF03?) and not GAFF...

regards, Francois