Re: [AMBER] GAFF atom type for CO

From: Krisztina Feher <feher_krisztina.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 01:59:41 -0700 (PDT)

Dear David,

I attached the tripeptide. I built it in Accelrys Discovery Studio Visualiser 3.5 and afterwards I cleaned geometry - whatever that means there. I tried the raw built strucutre too. I understand that the charges are independent of the atom types, but I wanted to simulate my molecules in GAFF too, because they are deviating from amino acids too much. I run the follwoings:

antechamber -i igc-dap+-dal_dsv.pdb \
                           -fi pdb \
                           -o igc-dap+_dal_dsv.mol2 \
                           -fo mol2 \
                           -c bcc \
                           -s 2 \
                           -j 5 \
                           -nc 1

In my experince the version 12 Antechamber is rejecting a lot molecules than the version 9.

Thank you,
Krisztina

 On Thu, Jun 20, 2013, Krisztina Feher
 wrote:

> I would like to assign GAFF atom types to
 diamino-pimelic acid (DAP)
> with Antechamber (see attahced pdb file), but the
 carbonyl carbons
> both on the backbone and on the sidechain as assigned
 "c2"
> atom types instead of "c". I embedded
 DAP in a tripeptide to
> derive the atom types ...

 Can you send the pdb file you used for the full
 tripeptide?  You just had
 the amino acid fragment in your earlier email, which means
 that we can
 not easily be sure of reproducing what you did.

> ....and tried both sqm from version 12 and divcon
> from version 9, with sqm being worse (assigned
 "c1").

 The assignemnt of atom types has nothing to do with which
 quantum program is
 used to compute the AM1 charges.

 ...regards...dac