Re: [AMBER] experiences with EVGA GTX TITAN Superclocked - memtestG80 - UNDERclocking in Linux ?

From: ET <sketchfoot.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 10:28:39 +0100

Hi Marek,

I think what you say about Valley and Heaven are true to a certain extent,
but I think the links I posted to the EVGA overclock utility & MSI
Kombuster are very good ways of testing the card. I don't know the details
of memtestG80 and cuda_memtest, but it seems to me that they are testing
one very specific component. i.e. The Memory. As the graphics card consists
of more than this, it is better to have a test that checks the card in a
more holistic manner IMO. :)

I think this argument is supported by the fact that tech support at the
store used a program called FurMark to stress test the GPU. As the GPU I
returned kept failing the benchmark, they realized in less than half a day
it was faulty, whilst I wasted a couple of days mucking about with GPU
memory tests using Gpuburn on linux.

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

I think if you are going to test on windows, you are better of getting MSI
Kombuster which I posted earlier. It contains the test contained in Furmark
and many additional tests that test the compute capability of the card.

best regards,